Errors installing trunk version on Ubuntu 9.10

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Wed Feb 3 00:39:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thus wrote Sebastian Wiesinger (irrtoolset at ml.karotte.org):

> * Nick Hilliard <nick at inex.ie> [2010-02-01 15:53]:
> > > I'm having problems installing the svn trunk under Ubuntu 9.10. It
> > > compiles but when I do a make install I get the following:
> > >
> > > test -z "/home/swiesinger/bin/irrtoolset/share/man/man1" || /bin/mkdir -p "/home/swiesinger/bin/irrtoolset/share/man/man1"
> > >  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 irrtoolset-errors.1 irrtoolset-errors.1 '/home/swiesinger/bin/irrtoolset/share/man/man1'
> > >  /usr/bin/install: will not overwrite just-created `/home/swiesinger/bin/irrtoolset/share/man/man1/irrtoolset-errors.1' with `irrtoolset-errors.1'
> > >  make[3]: *** [install-man1] Error 1
> > >
> > > Is this a problem because I use a custom prefix?

This is a problem because:
install file file destdir
tries to install the file twice, and your install bails at the second try.
That's not a problem for most people because their install doesn't care.

Please update, re-run autoreconf etc, and see if it's now better.

regards,
	spz
--
spz at serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)