How can i generate the AS path from IRR data same as found in BGP

Akmal Shahbaz akmal_shahbaz at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 10:15:28 UTC 2010

Thanx Randy for your reply.

>> How similar do you think the paths would be from BGP and IRR data?
> they are both ordered non-null sets of positive numbers drawn from the
> range 1..32k

so that means they can't be the same..
   Due to IRR consistency issues ?? or why?

I have reviewed some of the previous work like Nemecis,RIPE RRCC,Univ.of Roma Analysis of RIR.What i have found is most of the work is on evaluating the consistency of IRR's.There are some other works on using IRR along with BGP and traceroute's to generate the topology of internet.

AS i am first year phd student at Seoul National University,Korea and working on BGP Security.For that i want to evaluate how i can use IRR data?Currently i think most of the people (if they use ) IRR data is to generate router configuration files.What are other uses of this data? ofcourse other than the usual looking up contact information etc..

Thank you.

Akmal