problem compiling cruft-cleanout branch on Snow Leopard

Pete Siemsen siemsen at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 5 04:28:15 UTC 2010

On Jan 4, 2010, at 5:31 PM, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> On 04/01/2010 23:46, Pete Siemsen wrote:
>> I'm not familiar with autoreconf.  I have Xcode installed, and
>
> Hi Pete,
>
> Try installing autoconf from macports.  That should make things work better.
>
> Nick

Nick,

Thanks for the quick response!  I tried it, but it seems it was already installed.
Here's some more information.

$ sudo port install autoconf
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for autoconf
--->  Cleaning autoconf
$
$ which autoreconf
/opt/local/bin/autoreconf
$
$ autoreconf -V
autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.65
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
$
$ autoreconf -i
aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
$
$ autoreconf -vi
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4