irrtoolset 5.0.0 released

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Wed Mar 31 22:04:49 UTC 2010

On 31/03/2010 22:44, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> I thought about uploading packages to Debian as well; I'm a bit worried
> about doing that though, considering the announced death of irrtoolset
> at the latest RIPE summit. It wouldn't made much sense to have to
> support a package for 2+ years without upstream's cooperation.
>
> [ congratulations for the long-waited release as well! ]

By all means, release a package - the code base isn't going to disappear.

My take on irrtoolset is just that it needs a rewrite, and that the current
code base is simply too complicated for most people (including me) to
understand it (i.e. that adding new features is too hard to make it worth
while).  Also, that rpsl needs a substantial rethink.

Nick