Copyright question

Aliaksei Sheshka sheshkaoss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:05:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick at inex.ie> wrote:
> On 16/07/2012 15:43, Aliaksei Sheshka wrote:
>> Considering file http://irrtoolset.isc.org/browser/trunk/src/peval/peval.cc
>> What would the Copyright field ?
>> I guess "Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz at ISI.EDU>", but which year should I put ?
>
> irrtoolset is now distributed under what is essentially a 2-clause BSD
> license by the respective copyright holders: University of Southern
> California and RIPE NCC.
>
> Parts of the software are licensed under the GNU GPLv2 or later.
>
> As of 2010, it is all fully open-sourced.

Yes, I hope I understand that. That is "licence" term as understand.
Again, as I understand "copyright" is a bit another thing.
I just need to understand bureaucratic thing.
Should I declare in the debian/copyright file like:

Copyright (c) 2010 Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz at ISI.EDU>
or
Copyright (c) 2010 Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz at ISI.EDU>, 2010 irrtoolset team
or
Copyright (c) 2010 Cengiz Alaettinoglu <cengiz at ISI.EDU>, 2010 irrtoolset team
or
Copyright (c) 2012  irrtoolset team
or even something other ?

> If you wait for a week or so, I'll have irrtoolset-5.0.1 released.

Package is not in official repo (yet or ever be) and used only by a
limited set of users,
it's in 'works for me' state now http://ipcluster.com/deb/irrtoolset/
I will definitely update package since with the release one, I'm using
it daily at my work,
and since moving to Wheezy in the near future I need it up-to-date.