Copyright question

Faidon Liambotis paravoid at debian.org
Mon Jul 16 16:00:49 UTC 2012

Hi Aliaksei,

On 07/16/12 17:43, Aliaksei Sheshka wrote:
> Please help me clarify copyright terms for irrtoolset.
> I'm trying to build Debian package and there is strong copyright policy there.

Note that there was an ITP, #392333, that was automatically changed to
RFP again. I have packaging ready -and in fact, the copyright/license
status of irrtoolset 5.0 was cleaned up because of these efforts- but
didn't upload to Debian since irrtoolset was pronounced as dead a couple
of RIPE conferences ago.

I'm not aware of any changes regarding upstream maintainership, and
hence still maintain that should not be uploaded to Debian.

In any case, I find little point of you re-doing the packaging work :-)

Regards,
Faidon