peval issue

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Thu Mar 1 16:22:28 UTC 2012

On 29/02/2012 11:44, Jay Borkenhagen wrote:
> $ peval 'afi ipv6.unicast 'as6431
> ({2620::F00:0:0:0:0:0/41})
> $
>
> $ peval -version
> peval irrtoolset-5.0.0
> $
>
> It would be better to display this using the 2620:0:f00::/41 format.

eh, yes, you're right - this particularly nit has annoyed me for years.
The code for handling ipv6 address output was written long before
inet_pton() became commonplace, and as a result this is all handled by an
internal irrtoolset function which doesn't do any smart address
compression.  I've torn out all this code and replaced it with inet_pton()
which works fine on my dev machine but will break on a big-endian machine.
 I'll commit it once I can get myself access to a big endian box of some
form and check that it works.

>    The characters "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", and "f" in an IPv6 address
>    MUST be represented in lowercase.

fixed in svn revision 323.

Nick