R.I.P. http://irrtoolset.isc.org/

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Wed Mar 2 11:32:34 UTC 2016

All,

tl;dr http://irrtoolset.isc.org currently offline... do I need to fix
      it?

I set up http://irrtoolset.isc.org/ something like 10 years ago. Since
that time the Trac setup has basically been unchanged, although the
underlying Debian OS has been upgraded twice.

Yesterday Debian ended support for the version of Debian there (6.0,
a.k.a. "squeeze"). Today the script which automatically patches the box
failed since it couldn't check for security updates and e-mailed me.

I spent a few minutes and upgraded the box. Unfortunately the Trac
setup isn't working any more. I don't know exactly what is wrong, but
it would probably take a couple hours to figure it out, and probably a
couple more hours to upgrade to a version of Trac that came out this
decade.

Is it worth it? Certainly not to me, but if people feel strongly then
I'll have a go in the hope of getting some karma.

My alternate proposal is to set up a redirect from
http://irrtoolset.isc.org to the GitHub project.

An alternate alternate proposal is to do nothing, and shut down the
site. :)

Please let me know what you prefer.

Cheers,

--