[Kea-announce] Kea 1.7.3 is now available

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Wed Dec 18 15:33:01 UTC 2019

ISC is pleased to announce the release of Kea 1.7.3, a further
update to our development branch Kea 1.7.

This software is an experimental development branch of Kea
DHCP.  It is not recommended for production use, but we invite
you to download and test its features and functionality if you
are interested in finding out in advance how it will work for
you when this development cycle is completed and it becomes
our next stable production version Kea 1.8.

In this new update you will find: a new 'status-get' command that
reports a number of run-time Kea parameters (along with improved
documentation explaining how to use 'ha-heartbeat' to detect HA
server state); a new (and still very experimental) hook that adds
support for BOOTP clients; various documentation improvements; an
update to the DB schema version check; further steps towards
having fully multi-threaded DHCP servers (note, the multi-
threading solution is not usable yet); packages now available for
Alpine Linux, and a number of build/distribution improvements.

We of course welcome your feedback on the new features, as well
as reports of any issues that you encounter.

Kea 1.7.3 is available from our website:
   https://www.isc.org/download/

Or directly from our downloads server:
   https://downloads.isc.org/isc/kea/1.7.3

If you are interested in using any hook libraries you will need to
use new hook libraries which match your server versions.  Updated
subscriber hooks are available to our support customers via:

  https://ftp.isc.org/isc/kea/private/e9e7d65f7e7bb7e0