[Kea-announce] Kea 1.7.2 is now available

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Wed Nov 27 18:20:23 UTC 2019

ISC is pleased to announce the release of Kea 1.7.2, a
maintenance update of our development branch Kea 1.7.

This software is an experimental development branch of Kea
DHCP.  It is not recommended for production use, but we invite
you to download and test its features and functionality if you
are interested in finding out in advance how it will work for
you when this development cycle is completed and it becomes
our next stable production version Kea 1.8.

In this new update you will find: improvements to perfdhcp our
DHCP performance testing tool; new hook points cb4_updated and
cb6_updated (called when a configuration update is retrieved
from the config backend); a change to the default Control Agent
port; an important update to how Kea supports backup servers in
HA configuration, and the next steps towards having fully multi-
threaded DHCP servers (note, the multi-threading solution is not
usable yet).

We of course welcome your feedback on the new features, as well
as reports of any issues that you encounter.

Kea 1.7.2 is available from our website:
   https://www.isc.org/download/

Or directly from our downloads server:
   https://downloads.isc.org/isc/kea/1.7.2