[Kea-announce] Kea 2.0.0, a new stable production release of Kea, is now available

Michael McNally mcnally at isc.org
Wed Sep 29 19:56:50 UTC 2021

ISC's Kea team members are proud and happy to announce the release of Kea 2.0.0.

2.0.0 is the first release of a new stable production branch of Kea,
representing the culmination of the work done in the 1.9.x experimental
development branch.  With this transition, the 1.9.x branch is ended and
a new development branch (2.1.x) will be started to continue development.

Also ending is support for Kea 1.6.x - ISC's intended policy is to support
two stable branches of Kea.  With this development those branches are
Kea 1.8 and Kea 2.0 and we recommend that any operators still running a
version prior to 1.8.2 make plans to upgrade, as the 1.6 branch is now
End of Life (EOL) and will not receive further bug or security fixes.

                         What's new in Kea 2.0.0?
                         ------------------------

The 2.0.0 release contains the results of a year's worth of development
effort, previously previewed in the 1.9 development branch.

Highlights include:

   - Better performance when using High Availability (HA)
   - Tunable parameters for more flexibility in high-traffic environments
   - Greater resiliency and improved handling of broken clients
   - Ongoing security improvements
   - New hooks

You can read about these features, and more, at greater length in our blog:

   https://www.isc.org/blogs/2021-09-29-kea-2.0/

The new release is available from our website:

   https://www.isc.org/download

and documentation is available via:

   https://kea.readthedocs.io/

                     Thank you to those who contributed

As always, we are grateful for those whose contributions, either of code
or of resources, have helped us to reach this point.  The team are proud of
how far the Kea project has come since its inception and hope to make many
more improvements as the work continues, and we very much appreciate having
your help as we do so.