[kea-dev] Malformed packets returned by Kea

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Tue Dec 23 16:08:21 UTC 2014

Marcin,

Thanks for looking into this.

For the moment I'm not able to build from the master head (I'm still stuck with the autoconf tools).
That's something I must look into.

When it's resolved, I'll test this again. I'll keep you updated of the results.

I would have an unrelated question:

Is it possible for Kea to silently drop DHCP packets received ?
(by silently I mean that even in DEBUG, nothing is traced)

I'm checking log entries such as the following:
2014-11-06 18:11:24.864 DEBUG [kea-dhcp4.dhcp4/26707] DHCP4_PACKET_RECEIVED DISCOVER (type 1) packet received on interface bond0.102

I've counted 145 received DHCP Discover less than what I expected (out of 11616, according to the network capture).
All these Discover messages are unicast from the same source address, to the same destination address.
I've got quite a lot so I don't know which exactly are lost and why...

I know this is quite vague but if you have any idea it would be most welcome :)

Regards,
Nicolas.