[kea-dev] How to properly test callouts?

Marcin Wyszynski marcinw at fb.com
Tue Nov 4 23:43:37 UTC 2014

Dear KEA devs,

I have a statically linked hook library which I’d like to test and I’d want to know what the best approach would be. My naive attempt was to create an empty CalloutHandle object, pass it to my hook function and compare the result with my expectations. However, that is not so simple. CalloutHandle constructor expects at least a boost::shared_ptr<CalloutManager>. Unfortunately I see no way to create an actual instance since hooks/callout_manager.h header file is not explicitly exported.

Please kindly advise on the best way of dealing with this problem.

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Marcin