Server hangs at startup - issue with lock file

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Sep 5 16:49:04 UTC 2014

On 05.09.2014 17:12, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, Chaigneau, Nicolas wrote:
>
>> Still building with sources locally on the machine, I have tried to
>> remove the source directory (I moved it, actually).
>>
>> Then when I try to start the server, it hangs trying to open the lock
>> file "logger_lockfile" in the (now) non-existent source directory.
>>
>> The lock file shouldn't be opened in the source directory (which will
>> not exist on target deployment).
>
> I agree.  But I cannot reproduce this.  Can you please open a ticket on
> our trac website? (https://kea.isc.org you will need to register first.)
> Please provide a minimal sample configuration files you can use to
> reproduce it.  Thanks.
Hi Nicolas,

First, thanks a lot for testing Kea and reporting the issues you found.

I have created ticket #3591 for the issues with lock file and pointed
out to this thread. Feel free to comment on it or add any extra details.
I'll look at it next week and will see what can be done about it.

Will you be willing to test a proposed fix once we have it? It will be
available in our git repository.

Thanks,
Tomek Mrugalski