[kea-dev] RSOO bug in 0.9.1

Wlodek Wencel wlodek at isc.org
Tue Apr 21 09:11:16 UTC 2015

Hello,
Yes I had some time but in future could you send captures from tcpdump
in .pcap file not txt? That saves a lot of time.

I managed to convert you message and that is what I got:
###[ DHCP6 Relay-Supplied Options Option ]###
              optcode= OPTION_RELAY_SUPPLIED_OPTIONS
              optlen= 30
              \relaysupplied\
               |###[ DHCP6 Vendor-specific Information Option ]###
               |     optcode= VENDOR_OPTS
               |     optlen= 26
               |     enterprisenum= 45282
               |     \vso\
               |      |###[ vendor specific option data ]###
               |      |  optcode= 256
               |      |  optlen= 33
               |      |  optdata=
'|\x1f\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\xff\xff\x14\x00\x00\n'

Message with such option can be classified as 'malformed'. We have here
three values "optlen". Going from the end of the message:

vendor specific option data - optlen= 33
Vendor-specific Information Option - optlen = 26 but should be 41
(enterprise number + option data) if you want vendor specific option
data to be part of the Vendor-specific Information Option.

And length of Relay-Supplied Options Option is 30... but should be 45
because you are sending Vendor-specific Information Option in it.

Could you fix those values and check if your message exchange will be
then correct?

Regards,
Włodek Wencel