[kea-dev] I'd appreciate some feedback on trac ticket 3963 :)

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Tue Aug 4 15:15:12 UTC 2015

On 04.08.2015 15:09, Angelo Failla wrote:

> On August 4, 2015 at 1:37:34 PM, Marcin Siodelski wrote:
>

>> [...]
>>
>> It seems to me that the proper way forward would be to implement more
>> generic stateless DHCPv4. That is a configuration switch which puts the
>> server into the stateless mode. In such mode the server would skip
>> attempts to allocate a lease for a client and always set the yiaddr to
>> 0. The server would always respond with DHCPOFFER for DHCPDISCOVER and
>> DHCPACK for DHCPREQUEST. The default for this mode would be 'disabled'.
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> That would work for us. Can you guys create a ticket for this and add it
> in to your roadmap? If you accept contributions I'm happy to work on a
> patch for this.
>
> You can drop the PR on github and close #3963 if you wish to do so.
>
> --
> Angelo Failla - Cluster Infrastructure Dublin
> pallotron at fb.com

I closed the previous ticket and opened the #3964 for the 'stateless
server implementation'.

We do love contributions! Thanks for proposing. We already have tight
schedule for the 1.0 release, so accepting your contribution rather than
implementing ourselves looks like a viable way to go. But, please allow
time until tomorrow, as we have a team call tomorrow and it will be a
good opportunity for us to discuss internally a strategy for this.

Marcin