[kea-dev] select an IPv4 address on interface with multiple addresses

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Mon Jan 26 14:20:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've tested the possibility to configure a specific listening address of an interface.

It doesn't seem to do anything useful:
- I can't start two Kea servers listening on two different addresses of the same interface
- I can't start one Kea server listening on two different addresses of the same interface
- One Kea server will still answer to packets sent to any address of the interface, even when configured for a single listen address

(this with Kea built with "direct_response_desired = false" so raw sockets are not used)

I believe these points are addressed as part of ticket #3547 ? I see you've been working on that one.

If you have something you want me to test early, I can do that. Just push the commits on GitHub and tell me :)

Regards,
Nicolas.