[kea-dev] Support for RFC7550 in kea

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Jul 31 14:12:55 UTC 2015

On 28.07.2015 12:57, Marcin Siodelski wrote:
> The question becomes, do we want Kea to have a configuration parameter
> that allows for falling back to this original behavior (prior to
> RFC7550)? I have implemented this parameter and I even have tests for
> this. But, on reflection I tend to think that this switch should be
> removed and the only supported behavior should be per RFC7550. The
> reasons why:
Agree. This is the new way of how the protocol is supposed to work.
Fortunately, the likelihood of backward incompatibility is very small.
And that was confirmed by Tim Winters from UNH-IOL, who did extensive
interop testing.

If we get specific complains from actual users (I find that highly
unlikely), then we may consider adding such a knob.

Let's drop the switch.

Tomek