[kea-dev] Client classification - discussion summary (?)

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Oct 23 12:46:39 UTC 2015

Hopefully this summarizes the discussion about the client classification
design. I responded to hopefully all comments.
Here's a brief summary of those changes:

- clarified option order (global, subnet, global class, subnet class,
host). The last one will not make it into 1.0. The one before it (subnet
class) may or may not make it into 1.0.

- explained what to do when client belongs to multiple classes and each
has the same option defined (only one will be sent, which class wins
will be determined by the implementation, but it will most likely be the
class that defined later in the config file.

- class configuration syntax agreed on (accepted Tom's proposal as is)

- evaluation process clarified. The Token stack is now stateless.

- renumbered the requirements, so the assigned numbers are continuous

- make it clear that the parser will be flex/bison based

- many smaller clarifications and corrections

If you really think that the design is not good enough and we have more
time to dedicate to further refinement, feel free to continue the
discussion. If not, let's move on to the ticket estimates.

Tomek