[kea-dev] perfdhcp template question

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Apr 27 18:54:33 UTC 2016

Angelo Failla writes:
> Not my question is, if I want to simulate different mac addresses do
> I need to put multiple lines like the above in the template file?

=> no, it is a template so it gives only the skeleton of the message.
All variable fields are set after. Or with other words there is a default
template coded in the message generation function which can be replaced
by the content of the template file. As you can want these variable
fields to be at a not default place there are a set of offset options.

As I suggested you should use tcpdump (or tshark) to check perfdhcp
generates what you want and play with command line options...

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>