[kea-dev] duplicate leases error

Jan Dvořák jan.dvorak at techlib.cz
Thu Aug 4 13:25:39 UTC 2016

We are seeing "error during attempt to allocate an IPv4 address:
multiple records were found in the database where only one was expected
for query get_lease4_hwaddr_subid" errors for hosts after they come up
the first time after network provisioning.

Basically, hosts get one lease for BIOS, second lease for the installer
and when they come up finally, KEA refuses to give them either. For now,
we have hacked this by a pre-INSERT trigger that removes any (subnet_id,
hwaddr)-unique leases prior to inserting a new one.

Please advise.