[kea-dev] OMAPI like feature in KEA

phirince philip phirince at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 05:08:06 UTC 2016

Hi Team,

I've been experimenting with the KEA code to develop an API similar to
OMAPI of ISC dhcpd. I require that feature to write a plugin for the
foreman smart-proxy (https://github.com/theforeman/smart-proxy). So far, my
experimentation has been using the hooks api of KEA. I used the load()
entry point to register a control channel command "get-host" which then
queries for the host reservation using HostMgr instance. I also want to
work on a "add-host" command which will help in adding host reservations
dynamically to the alternate source.

But before investing too much time, I just wanted to check a couple of
things with you guys.

1. Is anybody already working on these features?
2. Do you think it will be a good idea to incorporate these into the
codebase instead of writing it as a hook?
3. Any other feedback/suggestions/tips for me?

Thanks in advance,
-PP