[kea-dev] Expressions in option-data

Ola Thoresen ola at nytt.no
Thu Jan 21 15:29:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are looking into using kea as the DHCP-server in a client environment
to auto-provision various network equipment.
In the "old" isc-dhcp you could use expressions in the DHCP-replies, like:

option bootfile-name = concat((option agent.circuit-id),".",(option
agent.remote-id),".cfg");
or
option hostname = binary-to-ascii (16, 8, "-", substring (hardware, 1, 6));

Is there any way to replicate this behavior in kea?

I know you can use a test to classify the clients, and match on
different options, but defining a class for each and every host to make
it use a certain bootfile is not really feasible...

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen