[kea-dev] Specifying parameters for hook libraries

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Mar 10 09:00:39 UTC 2016

Tomek Mrugalski writes:
> ... However, it has two disadvantages of requiring cc/data.h to
> be included in hooks/library_handle.h (which currently does not depend
> on anything) and depending on libkea-cc. The second disadvantage can be
> alleviated by moving cc/data.h to libkea-util, as it seems to be used in
> more and more places throughout the code.

=> IMHO it is the way to go and perhaps a good occasion to fix the
cc / config library mess. So I have no problem to move cc/data.* to
an lib/util subdirectory and cc/command_interpreter.* to lib/config.
BTW there is a ticket about cc/config merge/reorg.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: we can use flex/bison vs current home made code to parse JSON
(there are a large number of examples in the web). The only major
incompatibility is in location (we have line + (begin)position when
flex/bison has line + (begin-end)positions which BTW can be considered
as an improvement but requires to update a lot of unit tests).
For speed on the paper flex/bison is faster but JSON is so simple
I don't believe in a significant difference.