[kea-dev] Initial proposal for Kea Control API

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Tue May 24 23:27:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have just finished an initial proposal for Control API for Kea. The
proposal is available here:

http://kea.isc.org/wiki/ControlAPIRequirements

I'm very eager to hear your opinions on this. If you're an existing or
prospective user, can you also share your perceived priorities of those
proposed calls? Sharing your opinion on kea-dev is the best way to
respond, but sending your comments privately off the list is ok, too.

The complete API is huge and there is no way ISC could implement all of
it, at least not in one release. Therefore it's very useful to
prioritize which calls should be implemented first.

Note that ISC does not plan to make actual implementation of the API in
Kea 1.1. We had preliminary discussions whether it would be a good
leading topic for Kea 1.2, but we did not make any specific decisions yet.

Tomek