[kea-dev] Build Kea 1.1.0 from source on CentOS 7 missing log4cplus/logger.h

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Nov 8 18:50:35 UTC 2016

"Sallee, Jake" writes:
> > You should look at the config.log file to understand exactly what happened.
>
> Thank you for the pointer.  I had to pass a CXXFLAG to the configurator to ma
> ke it work.
>
> ./configure --with-dhcp-mysql CXXFLAGS='-std=c++11'
>
> I was able to build kea using that command.

=> there should be an unique_ptr or something else C++11 only in
the mysql package. BTW:
 - 1.2 will very likely require C++11
 - it is better to pass the --std=c++11 in the CXX parameter than the
  CXXFLAGS one because CXXFLAGS has a default (-g -O2) which is
  overwritten. Just looks at the report at the end of configure run
  (saved in config.report and available by any kea command -W).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>