[kea-dev] Parser refactoring design

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Nov 25 22:42:15 UTC 2016

Hi,
There's unanimous agreement among the team (and some external powers
users as well) that the current parser code is difficult to work with
and is a source of general unhappiness. I took a stab at the problem and
possibly found a solution to the problem.

My proposal (along with detailed description of what the problems are)
is described here: http://kea.isc.org/wiki/SimpleParser .

A proof of concept code is available on trac5014_phase2 branch. It
requires c++11 to work. We will soon make it the default, but for now
just make sure you compile with -std=c++11.

I'm interested in your comments, suggestions and general feedback. This
is a nasty piece of code we're dealing with, but hopefully with those
changes it will become just a little bit more sane.

Tomek
p.s.
Please share your comments by end of next week (Dec. 4th).