[kea-dev] Why are releases not tagged on github?

Andreas Fett a.fett at gmx.de
Sun Jun 4 21:07:17 UTC 2017

Hello list, hello core developers

I wanted to ask, if there is any specific reason as to why Kea releases
are not tagged (as in git tag) on github.

For me it would be a great help if the contents of the release tarball
would correspond to a git tag, as this makes source code management
in the build system for the product I'm working on much easier.

Nonetheless thank you all for this great software. The hook system
and Ipv6 support really ruled anything else out for us.

Cheers Andreas

--
The three chief virtues of a programmer are:
Laziness, Impatience and Hubris. -- Larry Wall