[kea-dev] Testing Kea 1.2.0 with prefix-length hint

tianxiang li peter416733 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 13:59:12 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've locally added some code in the Kea-1.2.0 server regarding how to
handle the prefix-length hint (IAPREFIX option with the "prefix" field
being zero, and the "prefix-length" being non-zero) sent by the client.
I've compiled and ran the server, and would like to know what would be a
good way to test out this newly added function. I'm not aware of any DHCPv6
clients capable of sending prefix-length hints in the DHCPv6 messages.
Should I also edit the client code to support this function or is there
some Linux command that could configure the DHCPv6 message content sent by
the client?

Thank you,
Tianxiang