[kea-dev] The kea-msg-compiler does not support cross-compile ?

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Thu Oct 5 14:39:40 UTC 2017

> Yes, me either, I want to copy the message compiler binary into my
> build tree, but this seems not a good solution,

=> by "not a good solution" do you mean it does not work or just
you really prefer a more integrated support for cross-compiling.

> How about making kea-project to be a OOTB (Out of the box) software.

=> for cross-compiling it is just a question of requests: you are the
first person asking for it and when I looked at what to add and created
the #3745 ticket there were a lot of more urgent things so it was not
discussed/addressed even for a (too) basic solution...

Note if the only problem is to build an usable message compiler we
already have another product (bind9) which uses also an internal
generator binary so it is not something very hard (just time consuming).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>