[kea-dev] Is it possible to define custom arguments in hooks and have those saved with the lease?

Dave Cole davecole at nbnco.com.au
Wed Oct 11 02:11:50 UTC 2017

With the hook we are developing here we extract values from Option 82 and publish them to Kafka.  This works quite well, but it occurred to me that it would be very useful if we could have the Option82 value saved in PostgreSQL along with the lease.

>From my initial reading of the code it seems that it is not possible.  To me, the necessary changes to support the function (for us) would be in AllocEngine::createLease4 so that the CalloutHandlePtr was passed into LeaseMgrFactory::addLease.  From there it would be necessary to have the ability to dynamically extend (via confirguration) the createBindForSend so that extra columns could be bound to arguments populated via setArgument in previous hooks.

Am I completely wrong in my assessment?

Is there a way to do what I want already?