[kea-dev] Kea is moving to gitlab.isc.org

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Tue Aug 14 16:41:58 UTC 2018

Hello Kea users and Kea developers-

We are moving the Kea project from our Trac site at kea.isc.org to Gitlab, our new development system.  As of today, please create any new issues/tickets in the Gitlab repo: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea

You can browse the ISC Gitlab anonymously, or to create tickets and pull requests, create an account. If you already have a Gitlab account, or a Github account, you can login with that account, using Oauth.  https://gitlab.isc.org/users/sign_in

We are making this change because we were struggling to maintain Trac as an open community site.  Although it worked ok for ISC developers, other users were frequently running into bugs in creating accounts, resetting passwords and creating tickets. Gitlab is newer, and we are already maintaining the Gitlab application for BIND.

We will maintain the legacy Trac site for a while, for reference, and while we are working on the tickets that are currently in progress on Trac. We plan to migrate the active Kea tickets to Gitlab, where we are already planning Kea 1.5. We will also keep our Github site up indefinitely, as a copy of our Gitlab, because a lot of people look for open source on Github, but we would like people to create issues and pull requests on Gitlab.  Our CI jobs are currently running off of the Trac repo, (you can see the status at https://jenkins.isc.org) and we will be migrating that as well.

We hope to see some of you guys showing up on Gitlab, opening and commenting on Kea issues.

Thank you,

Vicky Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium