[kea-dev] GSoC 2018 Introduction

TUSHAR AGGARWAL . f20150047 at hyderabad.bits-pilani.ac.in
Mon Feb 26 12:42:26 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity of introducing myself to the kea
community. I am Tushar Aggarwal, a third year undergraduate from BITS
Pilani Hyderabad, India. Before anything else I would like to thank your
organisation for being a part of GSoC. I cannot put in words how excited I
am to be able to put my skill set to use for a productive summer. (there
aren't many opportunities in this field. Half the organisations with GSoC
are offering projects related to Data Science for example).

I have gone over the proposal list and would be lying if I didn't say that
there are 3-4 projects I find interesting and would like to work on. I have
sound knowledge in internet protocols, the OSI model and the likes. I am
extremely proficient in C/C++/Java/JavaScript/SQL/PHP/Socket Programming &
WebRTC to name a few. I have a few questions to ask

1. What would be the best way to ensure a smooth transition into your
community so I can start contributing ASAP. Are there any beginner levels
tasks that I can be assigned to gauge my skills.
2. Is there an IRC/Slack/Gitter channel where communication takes place or
is this mailing list the primary source of communication.

I look forward to working with the developers and improve my coding skills
and technical knowledge along the way.

Regards,
Tushar Aggarwal