[kea-dev] Kea python hook?

Christian Kratzer ck at cksoft.de
Sat Jan 20 10:13:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, David Hankins wrote:
> I'm looking at implementing this quarter a competing implementation of;
>
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-dev/2017-December/000840.html
>
> ​Basically I'm after the same thing;​ I want ISC Kea to perform DHCPv4 and
> DHCPv6 protocol implementations, and I just want to provide an interface to
> internal backend systems curating configuration intent in Python runtime.
>
> ​I was about to send an email to kea-dev announcing my intentions, but I
> see there's already been some work in this area.
>
> Where's it at, what's the current status, and how can we best move forward
> together?​

instead of putting effort into implementing yet another binding for a language
why not implement the hooks as configurable rest calls and then have something
like python/flask to connect to or whatever else you prefer.

I was planning on on doing that to the previously announced hook library.  Priorities
are on other projects atm but that would be my way of proceding once I migrate
my customer from classic isc dhcp to kea.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                   CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de               Wildberger Weg 24/2