[kea-dev] Host reservation with remote-id

Mathias Aichinger mathias.aichinger at easysol.at
Wed May 16 10:09:40 UTC 2018

Hi guys,

I’m trying to use KEA in a DOCSIS and I have the following scenario where I would need the remote-id for the host reservation:

DOCSIS Modem as a Bridge.

I want to reserve an IP address for the management interface and based on the remote-id I want to reserve an IP for the client behind the bridge. The client behind the bridge can change and so his mac address should not be used for reservation and leases. I saw that there is a Premium API “reservation-add" for the remote-id, but it’s not in the database schema. There are only the following options: hw-address, duid, circuit-id and client-id. Here how it looks like with my old dhcpd.

 - Management
host 190 {
hardware ethernet 94:87:7c:xx:xx:xx;
fixed-address 192.168.225.15;
filename = concat ("dynamic_bootfiles/“, “dynamic_bootfile_name.bin");
options….

}
class "94877Cxxxxxx" {
match if option agent.remote-id = 94:87:7c:9a:dc:22;
}

- Client behind bridge
host 94877cxxxxxx_35 {
host-identifier option agent.remote-id 94:87:7c:9a:dc:22;
fixed-address 192.168.226.101;
}

How can I realize this with KEA? Does it work with the Premium API?

Best Regards,

Mathias