[kea-dev] Kea hackathon in Gdansk

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Tue Sep 4 17:58:27 UTC 2018

There's a Kea hackathon coming up!

Kea users, existing and prospective contributors and basically anyone
who wants to talk with Kea engineers in a not so formal setting are
invited to join us in Gdansk, Poland on Oct 11th and 12th for a Kea
hackathon.

If you ever wanted to start contributing to the Kea project or the
feature you'd like to see isn't really on the roadmap and you wanted to
make your case, here's your chance.

The overall plan is to spend two days talking about new features,
designing, coding, testing and hacking anything Kea related. The rough
idea is to focus on two upcoming new features that we hope will make it
into 1.5: ability to store configuration in a database and YANG/NETCONF
support. We'll be more than happy to cover basically any other Kea
related topics if there's interest and people on site willing to discuss it.

The exact location is TBD, but it's likely we'll be able to use Gdansk
University of Technology facilities.

More details:
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/kea-hackathon-gdansk

If you plan on joining, please send a note to the list (or to me
directly if you're that shy) and put your name on the list on wiki. It's
still well over a month away. If you don't have anything more urgent
planned, we'd be happy to talk, design, hack code and perhaps have some
beer together.

Thanks and hope to see you in October in Gdansk!

Tomek Mrugalski
ISC