[kea-dev] Tweaking Kea development process proposal

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Mon Oct 14 12:37:24 UTC 2019

On 13/10/2019 19:23, Francis Dupont wrote:
> How does this work with entries from before Gitlab? Should we split the
> ChangeLog intp two parts?
The old entries would remain as they are.

No, I don't want to split changelog into separate files, especially with
the monthly releases. Changelog is a documented history of the project.
It should be kept as a single file.

Markdown is really an annotated text file. You can still clearly read it
in the console. What would change is the slight format, like perhaps add
spaces, a dash or a star, but overall the change would look the same.

See Stork changelog proposal as an example:

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/blob/17-changelog/ChangeLog.md

If you click on edit (or get the source code), the underlying file is
still a very readable plain text file.

Tomek