[Kea-users] log location

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Tue Dec 8 10:08:08 UTC 2015

Hello Mircea,

The default logging location for Kea can be altered by setting the
KEA_LOGGER_DESTINATION value as described in Kea User's Guide:

http://git.kea.isc.org/~tester/kea/guide/kea-guide.html#idp64499024

Note that this is the destination where Kea will only log a handful of
messages during startup and before it takes its configuration from a
configuration file (JSON file). This configuration will override the
default location you control with KEA_LOGGER_DESTINATION (typically to
kea-dhcp4.log and kea-dhcp6.log under /var/log).

Let me know if I can help more on this.

Marcin Siodelski
DHCP Software Engineer
ISC