[Kea-users] Statistics and control channel

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Thu Jul 2 15:24:32 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm toying a bit with the new features of Kea 0.9.2.

I have some questions related to the statistics that can be retrieved through the control socket.
(through commands "statistic-get-all" or "statistic-get")

1)
I've noticed that each statistics is returned as an array of array.

For example:

{ "arguments": { "subnet[1001].total-addresses": [ [ 262141, "2015-Jul-2 15:47:31.450818" ] ] }, "result": 0 }

Is this on purpose ? do you plan to add statistics with multiple values in the future ?

2)
Is there a way to retrieve all statistics associated to a given subnet ? (or to all subnets ?)

I tried the following queries (hoping they would magically work - but no such luck):

{ "command": "statistic-get", "arguments": { "name": "subnet[1001]" } }
{ "command": "statistic-get", "arguments": { "name": "subnet[1001].*" } }
{ "command": "statistic-get", "arguments": { "name": "subnet[*]" } }

3)
Also, the documentation does not currently list the name of known statistics. I believe this could be useful (even though one can get them empirically with "statistic-get-all").

This feature looks promising. Keep up the good work :)

Regards,
Nicolas.