[Kea-users] "make clean" for manual pages

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Oct 28 11:55:07 UTC 2015

Shane Kerr writes:
> I built Kea without documentation, since it requires a non-trivial
> amount of packages to get this working.

=> I have to recognize you are right and I don't know if it is possible
without specific tricks on Apple OS X...

> I decided that I actually want documentation, because Kea requires a
> non-trivial amount of administration to run. ;)

=> manual pages are in the distrib, guides on the web site, so what is
the documentation you can't get?

> "make clean" does not get rid of generated manual pages. I had to run
> "make distclean" to do this.
>
> I recommend that "make clean" remove "*.8" where appropriate.

=> the problem is any "make clean", including an implicit one, will
remove the manual pages. So IMHO the current solution (only "make
distclean" removes them) is better.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>