[Kea-users] Configuring LFC logger ?

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Fri Apr 8 09:22:00 UTC 2016

Hello Nicolas,

Sorry for the delayed response to your post.

No, there is currently no way to configure the logging for LFC from the
Kea configuration file. The reason being that LFC is running in a
separate process and this process has no built-in capability to
read/understand Kea configuration file. At the time of writing LFC we
envisaged the need for a dedicated LFC logger, but we did not implement
it due to time constraints. There is a command line parameter exposed by
the kea-lfc application which receives a name/location of the Kea
configuration file, but it utterly ignores this parameter.

I think it is a reasonable request to finally implement configuration
parsing in the kea-lfc app, but this is not in scope for the upcoming
release, so we can probably think about it for the 1.2 release. In a
mean time we'd need to stick with syslog.

Marcin