[Kea-users] Hosts reservations config mysql

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon Apr 11 11:03:31 UTC 2016

Hello Thomas,

How about this:

INSERT INTO hosts(dhcp_identifier, dhcp_identifier_type,
dhcp4_subnet_id, dhcp6_subnet_id, ipv4_address, hostname)
VALUES (UNHEX("010203040506"), 0, 1, 2, INET_ATON('192.0.2.1'),
"super-host.isc.org.");

where "010203040506" represents a MAC address by which you want to
identify the host.

Also, please note that the dhcp4_subnet_id is a DHCPv4 subnet identifier
where the host belongs. This identifier can be explicitly assigned to a
subnet where the host is connected through the Kea configuration file.
If the identifier is not explicitly assigned to the subnet, it will be
auto-generated, in which case it may cause the troubles with matching
hosts in the database with a database.

You may also consult the
http://kea.isc.org/docs/kea-guide.html#ipv4-subnet-id

Marcin Siodelski