[Kea-users] assigned-addresses with a negative number?

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Thu Aug 11 16:20:49 UTC 2016

W dniu 11.08.2016 o 14:32, Munroe Sollog pisze:
> I'm running 1.0.0 and this morning I pulled subnet[1].assigned-addresses from the control channel
> and it reported -175 which don't really make sense to me.  Can someone explain?
The statistics are not saved after shutdown, so if you restart the
server, it will start with values set back to 0. It seems that 175 more
leases were released or expired than new ones acquired.

Statistics should work correctly until you restart the server or reload
configuration (but it may depend on what kind of changes were made).
Depending on how you look at this, it's either a bug or a missing
functionality. In any case, we're working on it. See ticket 4294
(http://kea.isc.org/ticket/4294). It should be ready in couple days.
You can monitor this ticket. Once its state changes to fixed, the code
will be available on master branch in git repo. It will also be included
in upcoming 1.1 beta, that is currently planned for end of August (the
date it somewhat tentative and still can change a bit).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reporting the issue and for using Kea.
Tomek