[Kea-users] mysql connection in hooks

Igor Smitran viruslaki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 07:55:41 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 04:43 PM, Bryan Perry wrote:
> Igor,
>
> I had to use a MySQL connection with the subnet4_select hook in order
> to set the correct subnet for host reservations where the DHCP relay
> server was on a different subnet than the client's reservation. I do
> not claim to be a guru and it took a LOT of tinkering to get this to
> work right, but here's how I did it.
>
> Hope it helps,
> Bryan

Thank you Brian. But, making a database connection is very expensive if
database connection already exists.
If you need to access database in pkt4_receive then it would be very
expensive to use database connection for every packet received.
That is why i was asking for a mysql connection pointer few years ago:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-users/2014-June/000008.html
https://kea.isc.org/ticket/3456
https://kea.isc.org/ticket/3457

But, i am not sure if it's implemented or not. As far as i can see it's not.