[Kea-users] mysql connection in hooks

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Fri Dec 23 16:10:45 UTC 2016

W dniu 08.12.2016 o 21:45, Igor Smitran pisze:
> Any info on mysql structure inside hooks feature request?
>
> That way we would have generic sql structure no matter what database we
> use, right?
The #3457 ticket (http://kea.isc.org/ticket/3457) is phrased in a way to
make the generic connection available to hooks. Depending on the backend
you're using, that will be MySQL, PostgreSQL or even Cassandra specific
handle. We will decide the exact way of making this object available
once we get to the ticket.

As you may have noticed, this ticket is in Outstanding milestone. These
are tickets that nobody works on and they're not part of the current
(which is Kea1.2) or any other dedicated milestone. So it's very
unlikely anyone will work on it.

It may be disappointing as the ticket was submitted 3 years ago, but the
sad reality is that we currently have 345 tickets in the same
situation... It's better than what we had when we started 1.0 milestone
(I remember north of 450 tickets), but there's still a lot of
outstanding things to do.

Tomek Mrugalski
ISC