[Kea-users] Error while compiling kea 1.1 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) PATCHLEVEL = 1

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Dec 28 13:12:58 UTC 2016

McFly writes:
> >I would like to install kea on my test server which runs with SLES 11_1
> >
> >After a quite long while of compilation it stops with the following
> >error:
> >
> >Error: invalid initialization of reference of type const
> >std::exception& of expression of type const boost::exception
> >
> >/usr/include/boost/exception/diagnostic_information_hpp:18: Error: when
> >passing argument 1 of std::string boost::diagnostic_information(const
> >std::exception&)
> >
> >how can i solve this problem?

=> perhaps you have a too old version of boost. Anyway most boost
related issues can be solved using the --with-boost-libs=-lboost_system
configure parameter. If it is not enough please give the boost version
(it should be in config.report and displayed at the end of the configure
run).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: what is the equivalent version of OpenSUSE? Some of us have OpenSUSE VMs
(not SLES as it is not really free) where we can check. BTW Kea 1.2 will
require a C++11 compiler so anyway it should be a good idea to check,
and not only there is no SUSE VM on our build farm but I don't know
if there is a plan to add one...