[Kea-users] dhcp4_options

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon Feb 8 16:21:28 UTC 2016

On 07.02.2016 21:52, Jawaid Bazyar wrote:
> Hi, it seems the dhcp4_options table in the MySQL schema has been
> designed, but not implemented in the code. I tried setting some options
> in the database, didn't work. I checked the code, the dhcp4_options
> table is not referenced anywhere.
>
> I need to reference different cable modem boot files by host entry for a
> CMTS deployment - can I do this with classes and the MySQL hosts table?

Jawaid,

The Host Reservation feature was designed last year and this design
indeed included MySQL schema that allows for storing options. This
schema was created but, due to tight schedules last year, we didn't
manage to fully implement Host Reservations. Therefore, even though you
can put options in the SQL database the server wouldn't actually use
them (as you pointed out). Our goal for next release is to implement
some missing features in Host Reservations, which includes specifying
options for particular hosts.

As for your deployment, what are the DHCP options that you're going to
send to DHCP clients? In addition, are they v4, v6 or both?

Marcin Siodelski
ISC