[Kea-users] "filename" vs "option bootfile-name"

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Sun Jul 10 14:53:58 UTC 2016

Patrik Lundin writes:
> > I have been able to boot pxelinux using that option, however I am
> > running into problems with the autoboot feature of OpenBSD which is
> > specifically trying to parse out "filename" from the dhclient leasefile.
> >

> While not important to the overall question: by "autoboot" I really
> meant to say "autoinstall".
>
> http://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-current/man8/autoinstall.8

=> the filename is a BOOTP (vs DHCP) feature and is considered by
default to be deprecated/obsolete. IMHO it is a good topic for
a hook, BTW Dhcpv4Srv::vendorClassSpecificProcessing does exactly
what you want for Docsis modem clients:
    // Now try to set up file field in DHCPv4 packet. We will just copy
    // content of the boot-file option, which contains the same information.

so you have just to cut & paste the code after this comment... Or if
the other specific processing is useful too puts all clients in the
right class.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>