[Kea-users] Kea packages for FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Ubuntu

Patrik Lundin patrik at sigterm.se
Tue Jun 14 09:17:38 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 03:17:37PM +0200, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:

> 3. OpenBSD. I also found Kea package for OpenBSD.
> http://openports.se/net/kea Is this the official repo? I've added it to
> the list as well. Again, if there are OpenBSD users, feel free to update
> or correct the links.

I am the maintainer of the OpenBSD port, sorry for the long timeout,
I was away on vacation :).

http://openports.se/ provides a nice view for ports information for
OpenBSD, but it is not an official site. A similar site is
http://ports.su/.

The official source is the actual ports CVS repo which can be viewed via
the official site:
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/net/kea/

However, for a link in the kea wiki I agree that openports.se
is a better choice to give someone an overview of the port status rather
than directing them to the CVS sources.

As was mentioned in a previous reply these are the port recipies, not
actual binary packages which are available at mirrors like
http://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.9/packages/amd64/

OpenBSD 5.9 was the first release to have access to an official kea
package (kea-1.0.0.tgz).

--
Patrik Lundin