[Kea-users] Kea not sending NAK

Thomas Andersen than at itu.dk
Tue Mar 1 09:33:25 UTC 2016

Hi Marcin,

Sorry if I’m confusing you with the description. I’m getting confused myself. :)
But I have verified that the relay (HP switch) is sending the NAK to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff as a mc/bc.

From wireshark on the client we are receiving:
Destination: Broadcast (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
.... ...1 .... .... .... .... = IG bit: Group address (multicast/broadcast)

Kea is sending unicast to the relay.

Funny thing is that OFFER packets are sent correctly as unicast to the client mac address from the relay.

Br,
Thomas